6 Apr 2020

What to do during Stay at Home order?


Life in lock down


What to do during Stay at Home order?

Before lockdown, life was very busy; I didn't even have time to rest throughout the day. I woke up at 7am then prepared the kids for school. After that I went back home and played with Jason, my 3 year old son. He always wants me to stay with him all day but I can’t because of my job and responsibilities. Before leaving the house I always say morning prayers. When I reach my office I get busy with work before I again would go to the school by bike and pickup my kids to drop them off at home. Then I come back at work and work till 8pm . Once reaching home there were allot of works awaiting me. My children also want to go out for icecream, a long ride on the bike or other activity. Throughout all the day I work like a machine. Only a few hours do we all get to rest in our normal routine of life. Sunday is my only holiday but it also passed like a cool breeze. It was a dream that we could have some extra holidays which we spend in our home and lock down the doors so no one will disturb.


Before lockdown

 every day we were hearing news about a deadly disease named Corona virus. It started in China and spread through out the whole world like a fire. Many people were dying in china. When it started to spread in Europe; especially Italy, then all countries became serious because it was spreading quickly. The government took very strict action, they locked down the entire country. It became law that every individual would stay away from other people, they must stop shaking hand and start wearing masks. The ordinance passed and the country was officially locked down. Every one was locked inside their own houses. 
What to do during Stay at Home order?

It started 24th march 2020. Everyone, rich and poor was just trying to survive. In other words everyone got scared. They are scared of death. They don’t want to die. We all love life, we all love our beloveds.In this situation we may be enjoying these off days with our families but on the other hand there are alot of problems. The interesting thing is this, it’s a new experience ; we are living without many useless things. Living without extra shopping,  parties and traveling. In these days old cars to new luxury vehicles are resting, saving fuel. We are living without jobs, schools, friends and relatives. We are just depending on groceries, soaps, hand sanitizers, and the best hygiene methods. We avoid hugging or shaking hands, and alot of other formalities. It's really a new experience for the whole world. Life without economic source is just going on. Just resting, sleeping long hours, eating, watching tv and spending more time on our phones; that’s todays life.


However I want to share my experience  about how I am spending my time during Stay at Home with my family and performing other activities at home. I’m sure these will be useful tips and if you can add even one to your schedule it will feel awesome on these days off.


1st ….
Just close your eyes and take a deep breath in yoga style. Awake your subconscious and think what did you wish to do in your house before lockdown. Like before i always planned to repair my wooden cupboard though even on sundays I couldn’t find time to do it. Now  during lockdown I had  accomplished it and many more tasks which were pending for years. So you can do the same.


2nd
Start reading books, as in normal days I always read only one chapter from Bible. Now I'm able to finish the book of Jeremiah in just 5 days. This  consisted of 52 chapters. You can also do it. It's a good chance for you to start the journey of reading complete Bible. 


3rd
In Hollywood movies im sure you have seen time machines in which people visited their past. Lockdown is a good time to travel back  to your childhood and youth. Find out what your hobby was which was lost for years because of work and responsibilities. Like my hobby was gardening and for many years I totally forget it was my hobby.  A hobby is always attached with our spirits. My little son Jason is always playing with animal toys, he never cares about others company, he forgets other things like eating and drinking when he starts playing with animals. So let’s become a child again. Find the favorite stuff of your childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment